A Comparative Analyses for NRZ and RZ to the Best Performance in Optisystem Program to Cary Data Over Fiber Optics
Data transmission has become an important issue in today's telecommunications world. In order to get the best results in sending and receiving data via optical cable, there are various ways to improve the performance of such systems. In this paper, the simulation program (optsystem)was used to design a communication system for data transmission over a fiber optic to compare the performances of the Return to the Zero (RZ) as well as Non Return to the Zero (NRZ) for different distances. The data was sent over distances ranging from 5 km to 50 km, with an increase of 5 km for each measurement. And recording the values of both Q. factor and (BER), as well as recording eye diagram figures for each case in order to compare to get the best performance for each distance used.
2. Zhu, J., X. Xiao, and Y. Luo. An experimente teaching method based on the Optisystems simulation platform. in ETOP 2017 Proceedings. 2017. Hangzhou: Optica Publishing Group.
3. Qureshi, K.K., et al., Radio-over-fiber front-haul link design using optisystem. Journal of Optical Communications, 2020(00010151520200074).
4. Kaur, S. and K. Malik. Simulation and Analysis of Optical Communications System Using SMF for Different Wavelength Band with NRZ Modulation. in Soft Computing for Intelligent Systems, Proceedings of ICSCIS 2020. 2021,. Springer.
5. Jung, J.W., A 25-Gb/s 5-mW CDR/Deserializer in 65-nm Technology. 2012, UCLA.
6. Al-Hayder,, A.A. H. Abd, and A.S. Alkhafaji, Transmitting audio via fiber optics under nonlinear effects and optimized tuning parameter based on co-simulation of MATLAB and OptiSystem TM. International Journal of Electrical & Computers Engineering (2088-8708), 2020. 10(3).
7. Aziz, M.A. and S.K. Idris, An optisystem simulation for visible light Communication system performance using Mach Zehnder modulation. INOTEK 2021, 2021. 1, p. 55-56.
8. Dengler, S.,,B. Eberle,and A. AzarianNew insights into nonlinear optical effects in fullerene solutions—a detailed analysis of self-diffraction of continuous wave laser radiation. Materials Research Express, 2021. 8(8): p. 085702.
9. Teng, J., et al. 3D surface profile imaging based on time encoded structured illumination. 2019 Conference on Lasers and Electro Optics (CLEO). 2019. IEEE.
10. Rakshit, J.K., K.E. Zoiros, and G.K. Bharti, Proposal for the ultrafast all optical pseudo random binary sequence generator using microring resonator-based switches. Journal of computational Electronics, 2021. 20: p. 353-367.
11. Gu, K., et al. .Insight into the mechanical coupling behavior of loose sediment and embedded fiber optics cable using discrete elements method. Engineering Geology, 2023. 312: p. 106948.
12. Esubonteng, P.K. and R. Rojas Cessa.Effect of the incident angle of a transmitting laser light on the coverage of a NLOS-FSO network. Computer Networks. 2023. 220: p. 109504.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright © Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.