Treatment and management of rheumatoidarthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune inflammatory disease characterized mostly by synovitis, which is frequently Clinical manifestations include fever, malaise, edema, pain, and stiffness in several joints are followed with extra-articular organ involvement, such as interstitial pneumonia. After the initial stage, joint degradation progresses swiftly, and once the afflicted areas' deformed joints are obvious, physical dysfunction that cannot be reversed begins to occur. Thus, precise diagnosis and Treatment is required from the moment the problem first appears. While anti-inflammatory drugs and glucocorticoids were used as palliative care, disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) are currently used to slow down and control the advancement of sickness and immunological diseases. By maintaining remission, these drugs have also been shown to halt the advancement of joint degradation and physical disability over a prolonged period of time. Precision medicine, safer and more effective treatment techniques targeted at drug holidays or cures, and therapeutic strategies are some of the future developments in medicine.
2. Smolen JS, Aletaha D, Mclnnes lB. Rheumatoid arthritis. Lancert.
3. Mclnnes lB, Schett G. pathogenic insights from the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Lancert .
4. Parker C.C., James,N.D., Brawley,C.D., Clarke, N.W., Hoyle, A.P., Ali, A., …Sydes, M.R. Radiotherapy to the primary tumour for newly diagnosed, metastatic prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): a randomized controlled phase 3 trial.
5. Gurung, S., Babu, S., Shibu, R.M., Sabu, S., Nanjwad, B.K., and Begum, R.a study on prescribing pattern in the management of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in the department of orthopaedics [review of a study on prescribing pattern in the management of osteoarthritisand rheumatoid arthritis in the department of orthopaedics]
6. Khanna, N., Kumar, A., and Pawar, S.V. A Review on Rheumatoid Arthritis Interventions and Current Developments.
7. Mukherjee, D., Nandi, S., Chaudhari, S.R., Patra, S., & Roy, M.Prescription audit of rheumatoid arthritis patients treated at primary and secondary care level, before reaching a tertiary care centre hospital in Eastern India International Journal of Advances in Medicine .
8. Bouffi, C., Djoud, F., Mathieu,M., Noel, D., & Jorgenson, C. Multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells and rheumatoid arthritis.
9. Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Guide Written by Annie Stuart Medically Received by David Zelman.
10. Schneider, M., & Kruger, K. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Deutsches Arzteblartt international.
11. Bullock, J., Rizvi, S.A., Saleh, A.M Ahmed, S.S., Do, D.P., Ansari, R.A., & Ahmed, J. Rheumatoid Arthritis:A Brief overview of the treatment .
12. Yanni G, Nabil M, Farahat MR et al. Intramuscular gold decreases cytokine expression and macrophage numbers in the rheumatoid synovial membrane.
13. Elliott MJ, Maini RN, Feldmann M et al. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with chimeric monoclonal antibodies to tumour necrosis factor alpha.
14. Edwards JC, Szczpanski L, Szechinski J et al. Efficacy of B-cells-targeted therapy with rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.N Engl J Med.
15. Wendling D, Racadot E, Wijdenes J. Treatment of sever rheumatoid arthritis by anti-interleukin 6 monoclonal amti-body. J Rheumatol.
16. Anderson, Karen O., et al. "Rheumatoid arthritis: review of psychological factors related to etiology, effects, and treatment." Psychological bulletin 98.2 (1985): 358.
17. Anderson, K. O., Bradley, L. A., Young, L. D., McDaniel, L. K., & Wise, C. M. (1985). Rheumatoid arthritis: review of psychological factors related to etiology, effects, and treatment. Psychological bulletin, 98(2), 358.
18. Anderson, Karen O., Laurence A. Bradley, Larry D. Young, Lisa K. McDaniel, and Christopher M. Wise. "Rheumatoid arthritis: review of psychological factors related to etiology, effects, and treatment." Psychological bulletin 98, no. 2 (1985): 35819.
19. Alarcón, G. S. (1995). Epidemiology of rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America, 21(3), 589-604.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright © Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.