A review on different kinds of analytical methods are performed for the analysis of food preservatives in food
The onslaught of pathogens (disease-causing microbes) like bacteria and mold is responsible for the majority of cases of food deterioration. The various techniques for food preservation that have been developed are all intended to lessen or completely get rid of harmful ingredients. The term "food preservation" refers to methods for preserving food. Food preservative improves human health by eradicating or restricting the growth of bacteria and organisms responsible for food deterioration. There has been an increase in recent decades in the consumption of foods with high preservative content. By using several analytical techniques, including Uv-Visible, Calorimetry, HPLC, GC, LCMS, and Electrophoresis, the proposed methods were employed to identify various preservatives in a variety of food products.
2. Hugo WB and Russell AD: Pharmaceutical Microbiology. Blackwell Science, Seventh Edition 2004.
3. Kulkarni C, Deshpande A and More S: Assessment of microbial contamination in commercial herbal oral medicinal liquids. Int J Pharm Res Dev 2010; 2, 9: 191-193.
4. Russell AD, Hugo WB and Ayliffe GAJ: Principles and Practices of Disinfection, Preservation and Sterilization. Blackwell Scientific Ltd., Oxford, Third Edition 1999.
5. Block SS: Disinfection Sterilization and Preservation. Lea &Febiger, 4th Edition 1991: 871-886.
6. Singh, A., 2022. Role of microbial metabolites in cardiovascular and human health. In Microbiome, Immunity, Digestive Health and Nutrition (pp. 137-148). Academic Press.
7. http://www.americanpharmaceuticalreview.com/Featured-Articles/38886-antimicrobial-Preservatives-Part-One-Choosing-a-Preservative-System/ (Accessed 3rd Feb 2013)
8. http://www.edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/indepth.food/additives/table.html(Accessed 3rd Feb, 2013) http://www.eufic.org/upl/1/doc/e-numbers_eufic(2).pdf (Accessed 12th Feb, 2013)
9. Rowe RC, Sheskey PJ and Quinn ME: A Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients. Marcel-Deckker, New York, Sixth Edition 2009
10. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy, & M. Akiful Haque. (2022). Develop and validate a highly sensitive method for the estimation of Molnupiravir in rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectroscopy and its application to pharmacokinetic studies. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 28–34. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.S01.0
11. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy, Penke Vijaya Babu, Rajinikanth Sagapola, & Peta Sudhakar. (2022). A REVIEW OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN TREATMENT OF COVID-19. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 254–264. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.S01.31
12. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy, Kumaraswamy Gandla, Penke Vijaya Babu, M Vinay Kumar Chakravarthy, Pavuluri Chandrasekhar, & Rajinikanth Sagapola. (2022). A CRITICAL REVIEW ON BIOANALYTICAL METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF FEW ONCOLOGY DRUGS BY USING LC-MS-MS. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 16–27. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.S01.03
13. Singh, A., Srinivasan, A.K., Chakrapani, L.N. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2019. LOX-1, the common therapeutic target in hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective of antiatherosclerotic action of aegeline. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity, 2019.
14. Reddy, K. T. K., & Haque, M. A. (2022). Bioanalytical method development and validation of atrasentan in human plasma using verapamil as internal standard by liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S8), 625–638. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS8.10470
15. Singh, A., 2022. Hyperlipidemia in cardiovascular health and digestion. In Nutrition and Functional Foods in Boosting Digestion, Metabolism and Immune Health (pp. 141-150). Academic Press.
16. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy et.al High Performance Liquid Chromatography for The Simultaneous Estimation of Anti-Ulcer Drugs in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, journal of Positive School Psychology, Vol. 6, No. 9, 4524-452
17. Reddy KTK, Haque MA. Development and Validation of a High Throughput Lc-Ms/MS Method for Quantitation of Ipilimumab in Human Plasma. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance. 2022;13(3):303-307
18. Singh, A., Gowtham, S., Chakrapani, L.N., Ashokkumar, S., Kumar, S.K., Prema, V., Bhavani, R.D., Mohan, T. and Sathyamoorthy, Y.K., 2018. Aegeline vs Statin in the treatment of Hypercholesterolemia: A comprehensive study in rat model of liver steatosis. Functional Foods in Health and Disease, 8(1), pp.1-16.
19. Teja Kumar Reddy Konatham, M. Anuradha (2020), a stability indicating method development and validation of Telmisartan and Nifedipine in pure form using RP-HPLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 9(3): 36-44
20. Teja Kumar Reddy Konatham, Satyanarayana Reddy K., Anuradha Manipogo, a Review on viruses that originated from china; Sars, mers and covid-19 World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 9, Issue 5, 2020, 2010-2015.
21. Singh, A., Kumar, A. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2018. Aegeline, targets LOX1, the receptor for oxidized LDL to mitigate hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective in its anti-atherosclerotic action. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 128, p.S41.
22. Teja Kumar Reddy Konatham et al, A Systematic Review on Method Development and Validation of Few Antiviral Drugs by Using RP-HPLC. Ijppr.Human, 2021; Vol. 21 (3): 651-661.
23. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy and Kumaraswamy Gandla. Novel Vesicular Drug Delivery Systems Proniosomes. Pharm Res 2022, 6(3): 000272.
24. Yelampalli SR, Gandla K, Reddy KT, Ibrahim AE, El Deeb S. Determination of Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium as Sulfate Salts in Oral Preparations Using Ion Chromatography and Conductivity Detection. Separations. 2023 Feb 1;10(2):99.
25. Deepti, A., & Sahithi, A. (20Sensitiveitive bioanalytical method development and validation of afatinib in human plasma by LC-ESI-MS/MS. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S5), 1736– 1384. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS5.9522
26. Kumar, K. P., Marathakam, A., Patnaik, S., Kumar, S., Sahithi, A., Priya, D. K. S., & Dogra, P. (2022). An insight of development and validation of bioanalytical method in the reference of anticancer drugs by using LC-MS/MS. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S3), 6349–6361. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS3.7454
27. Sahithi et al., Stability indicating reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography method
28. development and validation of Imatinib, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol 7, Issue 3, 322-333, September 2020. DOI: 10.20959/wjpr20178-9069
29. Sahithi et al., Alapati Sahithi, B. Parijatha, D. Santhosh Priya, Krishna Mohan Chinnala, Method Development and validation of Metformin by using RP-HPLC, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2277-7105, 6(8); August, 2017. DOI: 10.20959/wjpr20178-9069
30. K. Prashanthi*,E. Mounika,A. Sahithi, A. Chaitanya, C. Krishna MohanMethod Development and Validation for Determination of Dihydroergotamine in Dihydroergotamine Mesylate Nasal Spray Bidose by RP-HPLC, Journal of Xidian University (Scopus), 1001-2004, 16(4) Apr 22. Doi.org/10.37896/jxu16.4/042 ISSN No:1001-2400
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright © Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.